Noelle, my black Labrador Retriever, was born October 17, 1993. She was a Christmas gift from my sister that same year. My life was forever changed...for the better. If ever there was a guy & a dog that were meant for each other - it is me and Noelle. Through flashbacks, current events and photographs I hope to tell the story of life with my best friend. Here is our story...

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Lasers are Finished! (until next week)


Noelle finished up the initial stages of her laser treatments with the 6th session on her elbows and shoulders. She now has 4 "booster" treatments (4 each for the front & back) that she can get as she needs them over the next few months. I will probably get a booster for her hips & spine next week.


Now that we have reached the end, I have to say that I am somewhat disappointed with the results. I guess I was hoping for a miracle but Noelle doesn't seem any better off than she was before the laser stuff started. In fact, I think she may be worse. I do not blame the lasers for that. I just think that the weather sucks and that she has lost so much muscle mass over the years. I feel so bad for her sometimes. The spirit is willing, but her body does not seem to want to cooperate. I just wish that the weather would warm up once and for all so that she could feel better. The weather here is so up & down, it is impossible for her to get any good feelings going for more than a day or two. This week is a perfect example - tomorrow it will be 79 degrees, Saturday it will be 52. Geez!


I look forward to being able to take her swimming again this summer. She loves to do it and it really helps her arthritis. But for now, I have started walking her up and down the hill by my office with the hope that it will begin to develop some muscle in her rear legs again. I am going to become Noelle's personal trainer this summer. So I hope she is ready!


Noelle wearing my safety glasses at her laser appointment

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home